1. To excel in the professional practices of Civil Engineering by utilizing the acquired knowledge and technical skills.
2. The pursue study and research through Post Graduate Programs and research programs in advanced areas of Civil Engineering.
3. To take an efficient part in the decision- making process in fast - change in management atmospheres of infrastructural development.
4. To fulfill the commitment to the society by contributing to it by means of active involvement in matters connected with built and natural environment by adopting energy efficient and sustainable practices in civil engineering.
5. To develop strong interpersonal skills to form a part of and to lead a team, working towards attaining a common goal.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10.Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11.Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12.Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
1. Apply a through knowledge of Civil Engineering systems to take a vital part in the decision making and execution of activities related to sustainable infrastructural development.
2. Enrich the knowledge in various specializations of Civil engineering (Eg: Structural, Geotechnical, Transportation, Environmental Engineering) by means of research and innovative practices.
The GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING Laboratory is equipped with facilities to carry out many types of tests on soils. These include testing of a large range of sample sizes for compressibility, shear strength and drainage properties. Electronic measuring devices for stress, strain and pore water pressure complement several data acquisition systems. The laboratory also has several non-destructive density and moisture measurement devices.
CAD LAB is equipped more than 50 computers, where students can have access to the important Design software’s.
The Laboratory has sophisticated equipments to analyze pollution parameters in water and waste water, soil, Air
Strength of Materials Laboratory offers facilities for testing building materials for their strength, behavior and suitability for various applications. The various equipment’s available in the lab are
This laboratory houses sophisticated instruments viz. Electronic total station, Auto levels, theodolite, Dumpy levels.The various other equipments available in the lab are,
Transportation engineering or transport engineering is the application of technology and scientific principles to the planning, functional design, operation and management of facilities for any mode of transportation in order to provide for the safe, efficient, rapid, comfortable, convenient, economical, and environmentally compatible movement of people and goods (transport). It is a sub-discipline of civil engineering. Well-equipped lab with facilities for the range of tests on pavement materials.Read More