This is the laboratory were a student learn how to design and develop digital circuits. It facilitates an in-depth analysis of sequential and combinational type of digital electronic circuits. These include circuits with flip flops, counters, shift registers, sequence generators, code converters, etc.
Almost all the experiments are done using the digital trainer kits.
IC Trainer Kits
Digital IC Testers
1. Realization of functions using basic and universal gates (SOP and POS forms).
2. Design and Realization of half /full adder and subtractor using basic gates and universal
3. 4 bit adder/subtractor and BCD adder using 7483.
4. 2/3 bit binary comparator.
5. Binary to Gray and Gray to Binary converters.
6. Study of Flip Flops: S-R, D, T, JK and Master Slave JK FF using NAND gates
7. Asynchronous Counter: Realization of 4-bit counter
8. Asynchronous Counter: Realization of Mod-N counters.
9. Asynchronous Counter:3 bit up/down counter
10. Synchronous Counter: Realization of 4-bit up/down counter.
11. Synchronous Counter: Realization of Mod-N counters.
12. Synchronous Counter:3 bit up/down counter
13. Shift Register: Study of shift right, SIPO, SISO, PIPO, PISO (using FF & 7495)
14. Ring counter and Johnson Counter. (using FF & 7495)
15. Realization of counters using IC’s (7490, 7492, 7493).
16. Multiplexers and De-multiplexers using gates and ICs. (74150, 74154),
17. Realization of combinational circuits using MUX & DEMUX.
18. Random sequence generator.
19. LED Display: Use of BCD to 7 Segment decoder / driver chip to drive LED display
20. Static and Dynamic Characteristic of NAND gate (MOS/TTL)