Indian Concrete Institute (ICI) is one of the leading professional bodies in India, catering to the
professional needs of individuals and organizations involved in concrete. It is a non-profit
organization, dedicated to the cause of disseminating knowledge on concrete, to promote
concrete technology and construction and to address the research needs of concrete. ICI has
Student Chapters all over the country.
ICIStudent chapter was inaugurated at Govt. College of Engineering Kannur on 7 th
September 2016 for the nurturing of budding civil engineering professionals as a result of
incredible efforts of M.Tech 2015-17 students.
To bridge the gap between what we are learning in classroom and what is happening in site.
ICI provides opportunity to listen to, and to interact with experts from within the country and abroad.
Concessional Delegate fee for participation in ICI events, to get updated on the latest technology &
practices in Concrete Industry.
Access to Job Portal E-learning Portal
Concessional rates for Publications of ICI.
Support to conduct Training Programs, Workshops, Conferences, Site Visits etc.
Support in calling professionals in civil engineering for delivering Guest Lectures, on topics of
“ICI-Update” a monthly e-bulletin from ICI, to keep abreast of the happenings in ICI and to know the
Opportunity to participate in ICI conducted competitions like ICI FEST, which is a zonal meet of
Waiver of entrance fee to become Life Member of ICI, after graduation.
Access to ICI Archives, which is a collection of valuable Technical Papers.
Access to ICI reference library.
• Talks are arranged by various experts from industries and academic institutes to interact with practicing professionals
• Frequent site visits are conducted to get an exposure on civil engineering practices
• At least two workshops are conducted per semester to enhance practical skills
• Every month contests like quiz, puzzles, paper presentations etc. will be conducted
• Every year there will be a tech fest organized by ICI GCEK chapter.
CAREER GUIDANCE CELL
• To enlighten students with current career opportunities
• To Mould students as ‘self preparatory’ for various competitive exams like GATE, SSC,UPSC, etc.
SOFT SKILL DEVELOPMENT CELL
• activities to enhance communication skills, social skills and character traits of students
STUDENT PLACEMENT CELL
• Handles all aspects of placements at civil engineering dept. of GCEK.
• Run by PG students to assist UG students in project topic selection, report writing,
presentation preparation etc.
• Monthly newsletter will be published which will constitute international development in
the field of civil Engineering and activities of the chapter.
Membership fee details:
|Membership Duration||ICI Student Membership Fee (Rs.)||Service Tax @15% (Rs.)||Student Chapter Fund (Rs.)||Total Fee(Rs.)|
|For 1 Year||250.00||38.00||112.00||400.00 |