Dr. V. O. Rejini
The long cherished dream of North Kerala to have an institution of higher learning in technical education was fulfilled through the establishment of the Government College of Engineering, Kannur in 1986. The college is functioning in a sprawling 68-acre scenic campus, having sound and self-sufficient infrastructure, at Mangattuparamba, 15 k.m from the headquarters of Kannur district.
The college is affiliated to Kerala Technological University. It offers 5 B.Tech Degree programs in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communication and Computer Science and Engineering branches. The College also offers 4 M.Techprograms in Civil Engineering (Computer Aided Structural Engineering), Mechanical Engineering(Advanced Manufacturing and Mechanical Systems Design), Electrical and Electronics Engineering(Power Electronics and Drives),and Electronics and Communication Engineering (Signal Processing and Embedded Systems).
There are 3 research centres offering Ph.D programs in Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering under Kannur University. Doctoral programs are also offered under Kerala Technological University. The institution is recognized by Kerala Technological University as a ‘Centre of Excellence in Systems, Energy and Environment’. Research works are also carried out in technical collaboration with Delft University, The Netherlands. The institution has about 50 % Ph.D qualified faculty leading the teaching and research.
The college has 2 hostels for boys and 3 for girls and enough number of quarters for accommodating staff. The college has an active training and placement cell for campus recruitment and imparts necessary counseling to the students. The Parent Teacher Association is very keenly involved in the development of the college. Many forums and associations are functioning in the college, like Sports and Health Club, N.S.S units, Guidance and Counseling Cell, Alumni Association, ROBOCEK, ISTE, IEEE etc., which promote the co-curricular and extra-curricular talents of students. An active students’ union monitors the various techno-cultural events of the college. Effective utilization of linkage between the institute and a wide network of industrial units in the surroundings helps the student develop practical skills and entrepreneurial potentiality. The institute is approved as a Technology Business Incubation centre under the MSME (Ministry of Small and Medium Enterprises, Govt. of India).
In a nutshell, the faculty, staff and facilities available in the college help the students mold their complete personality, both professional and individual.
1. Dr. Sukesan Nair - 1986-1988
2. Prof. L. Sreenivasn - 1988-1989
3. Dr. K.P.P. Pillai - 1989-1990
4. Prof. Baburaj Praseedam - 1991-1992
5. Dr. R.S Moni - 1992 -1995
6. Dr. R.V.G. Menon - 1995 -1996
7. Dr. P. Battya - 1996 -1997
8. Dr. M.K. Radakrishnan - 1997 -1998
9. Dr. R. Narayana Iyer - 1998 -1999
10. Dr. N. Premachandran - 1999 -2001
11. Dr. M. Mahadevan - 2001 -2002
12. Prof. Antony Thomas - 2002 -2005
13. Dr. S. Pushpakumar - 2005 -2006
14. Prof. Frahad Musadeekh - 2007 -2009
15. Dr. V. Gopakumar - 2009 -2011
16. Dr. K.C. Raveendranathan - 2011 -2013
17. Dr. V. Shyam Prakash - 2013 -2015
18. Dr. A.K. Padmini - 06-04-2011 - 19-09-2011
19. Dr. K.C. Raveendranathan - 19-09-2011 -21-06-2013
20. Dr. T.D. John - 21-06-2013 -16-12-2013
21. Dr. V. Shyam Prakash - 16-12-2013 -29-10-2015
22. Dr. M. Satyakumar - 03-11-2015 -01-03-2016
23. Dr. V.I. Beena - 01-03-2016 -27-04-2016
24. Dr. M. Satyakumar - 01-05-2016 -31-05-2016
25. Dr. T.D. John - 06-06-2016 -11-04-2017
26. Dr. C. Sreekumar - 12-04-2017 -27-10-2018
27. Dr. Vijayakumar - 28-10-2018 -10-02-2019